Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Digital Literacy & Me: Making connections from across the pond to right next door

For the past 16 years, I've been creating connections using the Internet while I've built my digital identity. Although it started with the passion of a curious teenager, I've used my digital literacy to get through some life challenges and I'm still using it today. People have many different reasons for blogging, tweeting and using social media and I hope to give you some insight into mine.

While creating the podcast, I realized how few photos I have from pre-2006 because they had to be printed. It was a bit of a challenge creating visuals and sadly, there is no music in my podcast. I did include humour to show my personality but also to balance out one of the sadder stories in the mix.

On a personal level, I realized that I connect sentences without pausing and that I pepper all my thoughts with "um". It was a great learning experience and next time I'll aim for a shorter podcast.

Thank you for watching.

Hillary's video podcast on YouTube
 


4 comments:

  1. Hillary, great podcast. Great description of how your online persona had grownup with you and reflected where you were at in various stages. When you were sharing your story about battling cancer, I was curious about the responses you received. Love the lightning theme and how you've retained your yahoo email address!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your podcast, Hillary. I'm looking forward to reading your blog on social media now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Judith and Komori.

    Judith, I didn't receive many posts on my original blog. Could be because I kept making it private and then making it public again. I mainly received invites from people asking me to add their link to my site.

    ReplyDelete